Help for AMIA-L Archives

AMIA-L Archives

AMIA-L@LSV.UKY.EDU

AMIA-L Home

AMIA-L  January 2006

AMIA-L January 2006

Corporate Film - Paris Bubble Gum Company

Mark Punswick <[log in to unmask]>

Association of Moving Image Archivists <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:32:18 EST

Hello All!

I was recently contacted by a friend who is working on documentary about a
guy named Andy
Paris, the Bubblegum King.

Mr. Paris was in all the news around 1947-1954. He made millions when he
dumped penny bubblegum on the market and became the most photographed man of
1947-1948. This included Life magazine, Cornell Capa photo, and plenty of air time
on the hot radio stations of the day as well.

Paris hired a PR agency in Hollywood called Bishop and Associates (we believe
they were on Wilshire Blvd., right in downtown LA). Bishop sent photographers
and camera men down to the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) to McAllen, Texas to film
the opening of Paris' bubblegum plant - The Paris Bubble Gum Company.

If anyone has any information on any films which survive documenting Andy
Paris, his Paris Bubble Gum Company and/or any information on what happened to
the archives of Bishop and Associates, any bit of information would be most
gratefully appreciated.

Please feel free to reply off-list, and thanks!

Mark Punswick

Shields Pictures, Inc.

San Francisco, Los Angeles

tel: (650) 652-6504