Re: No Subject

David MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:26:21 -0500

I hope you can see how many of us have trouble accepting this sort of
"knowing."  Many different people tell me that they "know" things by this
same method, and in many cases what they claim to know is different from
and mutually exclusive to what others claim to know by similar means.  This
mutual exclusivity casts doubt on the entire business.  Moreover, this
mystical way of knowledge seems a justification in some cases (please, I do
not accuse you or your beliefs) for very negative behavior.  I remember all
too well Guido von List, the German mystic, and his role in Aryan racial
folklore, which he maintained could be known by any true German in just
this fashion.  Again, I am NOT accusing you of being a Nazi or equating
your beliefs with such--just trying to point out that such claims of
mystical knowledge do not exclude and may in some cases even lead to great
crimes.

Mac