web-based syllabus

Clara Hardy <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:08:20 -0600

Fellow list members,
I am in the process of doing some thorough revisions to my course on women
in antiquity, and in particular am thinking about making my syllabus more
web-based.  I have been prowling around Diotima's listing of courses and
have found some very impressive and elaborately linked syllabuses (Ross
Scaife's is remarkable!).  I would be very interested in hearing some
reports on how these play out: do the students find them more
helpful/engaging or otherwise educational than traditional paper syllabus
and book/reserve assignments?  What have you found the advantages or
disadvantages are with this medium?  Do they have any impact on the quality
of student work or discussion?
Thanks for any tips!
Clara Shaw Hardy
Carleton College