ANAHITA  February 1998

ANAHITA February 1998

Conference on Athena

"S.J. Deacy" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Feb 1998 20:33:48 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Updated details follow of a forthcoming conference on Athena.  Apologies if
you subscribe to more than one of the lists to which I am sending them.

Susan Deacy

                                ATHENA
                        IN THE CLASSICAL WORLD

                Lincoln College Oxford, 2nd-4th April 1998

                Organisers: Susan Deacy and Alexandra Villing

Speakers

Nick Allen (Oxford), Ina Altripp (Bonn), John Betts (Bristol), Anna de
Pretis (Bristol), Antonia Faita (Bristol), Thomas Ganschow (Basel), Daniel
Gershenson (Tel-Aviv), Fritz Graf (Basel), Leslie Hammond (University of
Missouri, Columbia), Virginia Hicks (Virginia), Carolyn Higbie (Harvard),
Andromache Karanika (Princeton), Alexandra Karentzos (Essen), Barbara
Kowalzig (Oxford), Lloyd Llewellyn-Jones (Cardiff), Elsie Mathiopoulos
(Bonn), Silvia Milanezi (Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours), Jenifer Neils
(Case Western Reserve University), Thalia Papadopoulou (Cambridge), Stefan
Ritter (Freiburg), Noel Robertson (Brock), Gerald Schaus (Wilfrid Laurier
University - paper co-written with Hector Williams, University of British
Columbia), Anastasia Serghidou (Centre Louis Gernet), Eleanor Sibley
(Nottingham), Sarah Spence (Georgia), Chikako Sugaya (Athens), Annette
Teffeteller (Concordia), Claudia Wagner (Oxford)

To accommodate our full list of speakers, we have been able to extend our
conference into Saturday 4th April.  A complete list of speakers and their
titles is available on our website (see below for address).

Further information and booking forms from: Susan Deacy, Classics
Department, University of Keele, Staffs, ST5 5BG, UK. E-mail:
[log in to unmask], Tel: (0)1782 622381, Fax: (0)1782 584256

Early booking is essential as space is very limited.  Deadline for receipt
of forms and cheques:

http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/cl/athena.htm
(the website will be regularly updated in the run up to the conference)