ANAHITA  March 1998

ANAHITA March 1998

boundaries cfp

Ross Scaife <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Mar 1998 13:42:16 -0500

I can't recall if I already passed this one on or not:

Boundaries: the Classical World
Graduate Conference to be held at the University of Birmingham
5th December 1998
CALL FOR PAPERS

This is a 'Call for Papers' for a graduate conference to be held jointly by
the departments of Ancient History and Archaelolgy and Classics at the
University of Birmingham. Themes we are hoping to include; historical
boundaries, the body, theoretical/textual boundaries, landscapes.... Some
approaches we are hoping to take; transgressing boundaries, maintaining,
reinforcing, denying.... Papers should be no longer than 15-20 minutes in
duration.  Offers of single papers or panels (of no more than 45 minutes in
total) are welcomed.  Abstracts of no more than 250 words should be sent
to: Sharon Smith, Dept. of Classics, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston,
Birmingham, B15 2TT OR email: Nicola Cavanagh on [log in to unmask]
 The deadline for abstracts is 31st July 1998.
Correspondent = Nicola Cavanagh - [log in to unmask]