ANAHITA  April 1998

ANAHITA April 1998

Re: responses to nature:culture

R H Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:15:36 +0100

Dear listmembers

I realise it has been over a month since I sent out my query on nature and
culture, but I have been visiting family in the States so...  Anyway, I
got lots of responses, many sent to the whole list which you will know
about.  However, a few others had some further references on the subject
that you might be interested in:

        There were a few references to Mary Douglas' Purity and Danger and
Page DuBois's Sowing the Body
        Also, Judith de Luce noted that her essays/articles in two books
touched upon this subject.  They were:  Woman's Power, Man's Game ed. Mary
Forest; and Compromising Traditions, ed. Judith Hallett and Thomas Van
Nortwick.

Thanks to everyone who sent me their thoughts and suggestions.  I found
them very helpful and they have certainly helped me in my research.

Rene

Rene Rodgers
Department of Archaeology
South Road