Re: Two Questions

Peter Riedlberger <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:57:19 +0200

Holger Szesnat wrote:

> 1. Dover (Greek Homosexuality, p.105) remarks on an Attic red-figure
> vase designated as R1155. The vase apparently depicts a Persian
> soldier who signals that he stands 'bent over' to an arresting Greek
> soldier, hence illustrating the theme of rape (including male rape)
> as part of the 'spoils of war'. Dover lists an essay by K.
> Schauenburg ('Eurumedon eimi') in Mitteilungen des Deutschen
> Archaeologischen Institutes (Athen. Abt.) vol 90 (1975) pp 7-122
> (here: 103) as his source. Unfortunately, though I speak German, I do
> not have access to this material in South Africa. Does anyone know
> of an alternative?

You can order any article you want from Subito. Subito is a project run by a
number of German libraries; funding by the government keeps prices rather low.
They dispatch articles within 72 hours (or, in case of need, within 24 hours -
of course against an extra charge) by whatever way you want - mail, email, fax,
courier... You can pay by credit card.

For more information, have a look at their homepage at:

www.subito-doc.de

(Unfortunately, if I am not mistaken, their site is in German only. So it might
be inconvenient for whose who do not read it.)

Peter Riedlberger     Tel: 49-8171-76376
Winibaldstr. 36       Fax: 49-8171-489622
82515 Wolfratshausen  Germany