ANAHITA  October 1998

ANAHITA October 1998

Re: Perfumes and Cosmetics

Liv Faret <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:13:32 -0700

Jay Bisno wrote:

> Thanks.  This is fun.  I had about ONE HUNDRED responses.  Next week I'll
> track up to the UCLA Research Library and start looking up all those
> references.

Hi Jay,

Sounds like an interesting project - maybe you'd share it with
the list when it's complete.

A little hint from your Feminist friend in Santa Monica:  Make
sure you know WHO wore these perfumes & cosmetics - it cannot be
assumed that it was only for the women - the less macho a society
is, the more men try to please women, including wearing perfumes
& possibly also makeup.  Or if it's a liberal society, allowing
for  same sex 'activities', I'm sure the guys (& gals) all
dressed up nicely and smelled nice for each other.

Best of luck,

Liv

--
Liv Faret