ANAHITA  November 1998

ANAHITA November 1998

Re: LIMC

Lisa Auanger <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:10:13 -0600

The set (LIMC) seems to be up at least to its eighth volume, as a quick
check of the UMC online catalog suggests.  Whether this means that 8 is
available or just expected is a matter that needs confirming.  I am
certain that volume seven contains at least some of the letter s, since
leafing through my dissertation I see a reference to "Scythia" and to
"Syria" from that volume.  The problem is that sometimes entries are
omitted from where you would expect them, and published in later volumes
as addenda; this is especially true about longer entries, or those of more
ambiguous interpretation.

Lisa Auanger (who probably will be able to tell you if Persephone is
included--from my diss notes--but can't access them at the moment since
they are currently behind bookshelves behind two bicycles behind two
boxes of books recently acquired from our library's book sale...)

Lisa Auanger, Ph.D.
Columbia, Missouri 65201