Re: Goddesses

Xina <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:33:48 -0600

At 10:42 AM 1/31/1999 -0800, you wrote:
I would add the following to this list:
Hart, George. "A Dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses". Routledge
Hornung, Erik - "Ancient Egyptian Conceptions of God: The One and the
Many", Cornell University Press
Meeks, Dimitri & Crhistine Favard-Meeks, " Daily Life of the Egyptian
Gods"; ibid.
Shafer, Byron - "Religon in Ancient Egypt: Gods, Myths, and Personal
Practice", ibid.
Shafer, Byron - " Temples of Ancient Egypt", ibid.
Siuda, Rev. Tamara. (published as Tamara Siuda-Legan) "The Neteru of Kemet:
An Introduction".
Eschaton Productions
Roberts, Alison "Hator Rising: the Power of the Goddess in Ancient Egypt",
Inner Traditons

Unfortunately, the last one mentioned in this list was hopelessly hacked
for the consumption of the general lay public from its original thesis.  I
have not been able to find a copy of it but I am told by a friend of mine
who is one of the archivists at the Oriental Institute in Chicago that is
quite excellent.

Christina

.