ANAHITA  February 1999

ANAHITA February 1999

ancient obstetrics on WWW

"Andrew T. Dolan, ABD" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:27:23 -0500

A couple links to ancient medicine web sites are available through my
Classics page at http://www.lasalle.edu/~dolan/classics.htm#Medicine.  For
women and gender in the ancient world specifically, there is also Diotima at
http://www.uky.edu/ArtsSciences/Classics/gender.html.  Hailed as the "father
of gynecology," Soranos of Ephesus would be the first author to consult.
I'd explore the Hippocratic Corpus afterward.

Andy

Andrew T. Dolan, Ph.D. Cand.
Core Adjunct Professor of Religion and Classics
McShain Hall 211
LaSalle University - 129
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA  19141-1199