ANAHITA  March 1999

ANAHITA March 1999

Re: WATER SUPPLY/water (-economy)

deTraci Regula <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:36:16 -0800

Teresa, you might consider looking at Wild's Water in the Cultic Worship
of Isis and Sarapis, a very detailed look at the ritual water use in the
Graeco-Roman temples, including plumbing details where available.

In some temples, the local river was considered to be a miraculous
branch of the Nile, as on the island of Delos in the middle of the
Aegean! They also constructed "nilometers" in the crypts of the temples,
which were flooded to imitate the rise of the Nile in Egypt.

Since women were very active in the worship of Isis, perhaps there's
something of use here for you.

deTraci Regula