ANAHITA  April 1999

ANAHITA April 1999

Mail List Announcement

Robin Reed <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:03:52 EDT

Just an FYI -

A new mail list dealing with Goddess belief systems and matrifocal cultures
has been started at onelist.com.

This list is to help facilitate the dispersal of information and to allow
networking between people interested in the entire realm of the Goddess.  It
is hoped that through this area of discussion we may help to further the
scope of our knowledge and to assure that the research and discoveries that
have occurred and will occur in the future will have some forum in which to
be discussed.

It seems that the area of academia is a bit conservative when it comes to an
openness to this type of research, so it is important that those women and
men who are carrying on the study of the Goddess and the matrifocal cultures
have a means to continue their dialogue.  It is the hope that this list will
help in some small way to achieve this endeavor.

This list is open to both women and men.  Although created in the United
States it is our hope that this list will help to link Goddess researchers
around the world.

It is important to be inclusive, but this list is for people who have
determined that the Goddess and her matrifocal cultures did exist - not a
forum for debate between believer and non-believers.   It is expected that
there will be disagreements and heated debates, yet flaming is NOT permitted
and will not be tolerated.  This is a place to learn, not to diminish.

We are in our infancy, the list just having formed on Friday, April 24th.
Please announce this list to anyone you believe would be interested in the
subject matter, the more people we have sharing information and insight, the
more knowledge we can gain.

Posts about Goddesses, matrifocal cultures, specific archaeological sites,
conferences, interpretation of artifacts, academic experiences, books,
presentations, calls for papers, discussions about these subjects, etc. are
actively pursued for inclusion on this list.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Again, thank you for
joining and we hope you enjoy the list.

If by chance you have received this email as an introduction to the list, you
may join by going to
http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi?listname=goddessstudies

Themiscrya