ANAHITA  June 1999

ANAHITA June 1999

Fw: The Ancient History of fruits and vegetables in Asia

Jan Matthieu <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:00:51 +0200

Dear friends,

could anybody give some hints as to where to find answers to the question
below.
As far as I know myself the use of rice as a staple food was not spread all
over the East for 'thousands' of years. Even today in the north of India and
Pakistan people generally eat wheat-chapatties, while in Southern India the
poor are only eating rice at festive occasions. Where I lived in Tamil Nadu
the staple was a kind of millet.
Thanks a lot in advance

Jan Matthieu
Flemish Greens