Re: Eve's predecessors

Denise Underwood <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:25:59 -0800

At 08:05 PM 12/18/99 EST, Susan Kray wrote:

>>  [log in to unmask] (Semira) wrote:
>> Speculations are brought as speculation, e.g. re the surname of Hitler (see
>> page 127). Its main 'disqualification' probably is that it is explicitly
>> feminist and pro 'pagan' and critical of main stream science and
>patriarchal religion.

 Susan Kray replied:
>Not at all. There are many explicitly feminist works which manage to maintain
>their integrity. This one is an affront to feminism.

Susan, oddly enough I was considering purchasing the book just this weekend
on the recommendation of an acquaintance. After reading your posts I'm not
so eager to.

Would it be possible to get a few recommendations on what books you would
say maintain their integrity that are
in this vein?

Thanks

Denise Underwood