Re: Roman Hora

Candi Jo <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:46:37 EST

  I could not find much in my limited library but I did find a single passage
on Hersilia. Apparently there is more than one story of her, one has her
married to Romulas, saying they had two children together. Prima, a daughter,
and Aollius, their son. The passage reads that  "After the apotheosis of her
husband, Hersilia was in her turn deified with the name of Hora Quirini and
associated with the cult of Romulus."
 Apparently the son Aollius was later called Avilius.
  The other legend has her married twice, both being named Hostilius,having a
son named Hostus Hostilius, who was father of king Tullus Hostilius.In this
version she was a Sabine woman taken by Romulus' Romans, the only one
married, she was highborn and, brought peace between the Romans and the
Sabine.
 My information came from the Penguin Dictionary Of Classical Mythology.
There is more information there and it's more precise, but thats the gist of
it. If you wish to verify, I bought the book about two years ago at BOOKS A
MILLION. I do hope this is helpful in some way.
 Myths, Legends, and history are only a hobby with me, a factory worker does
not have much use for this sort of knowledge; however if it would not be too
much trouble i would be honored, and thankful to hear the results of your
research.
 I am sorry I could not help further, I am sure this is not new info. to you.

CandiJo=^)

CandiJo=^)