Matriarchy?

Wed, 22 Dec 1999 02:13:58 EST

In a message dated 12/21/99 5:12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< That's interesting. I was told by my university teachers that there is
 no proof of any society, past or present, that was ever matriarchal
 (not to confuse with matrilinear, which is not that uncommon). Can

    What are the criteria?  Is Matriarchy the mirror image of Patriarchy?

    Why would a Matriarchy be needed, used, established?  What would be the
purpose of such a means of organizing society?

Sheila Shiki y Michaels