UNICODE@LSV.UKY.EDU

UNICODE Home

UNICODE  October 2002

UNICODE October 2002

Re: Help determine future font projects

Kevin Clinton <[log in to unmask]>

For issues pertaining to ancient languages <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:22:37 -0400

>It's likely that I will add whatever characters are approved by Unicode
>into my Cardo font, so that there will be one font that has _all_ the
>Unicode characters a classicist might want; there's a need for that.
>
>But Cardo is not the font for every use.  In particular, I don't think
>it's ideal for epigraphy.  I myself prefer the Athena font (an updated
>version of the old GreekKeys Athenian font) for that purpose.  Its look
>suggests an inscription, and it's easier to construct acrophonic
>numerals based on a sans-serif font.  Do other people feel the same
>about way?
>
>David

Yes.  Complementing the Athenian font is an excellent idea.
Currently I have to use Athenian and SymbolAthenian and a special
font for underdots (since Athenian doesn't place the underdots
correctly).

Kevin