Print

As I've alluded to offlist to the original querent (sorry, I deleted it),
given that there was a close connection between onset of menarche and
belief in fertility, shouldn't there be a reasonable assumption that the
minimum age for marriage (in Roman law at least) is probably an indication
of the minimum age of menarche at that time as well?

dm